Homesteading is a wonderful way of life but there is so much to learn and do when trying to live this way of life. That’s where our Homesteading Resources come in to play. This is a list of homesteading related resources we’ve curated over the last few years that many of our readers found helpful. This is by no means a comprehensive list of every single homesteading resource out there but a few to get you started and help you along your homesteading journey wherever you are at on your path!
These homesteading resources are affiliate programs we support and recommend. Read more here.
- Home Preserved Pantry Worksheets: A great tool to help you keep track of the harvest so you know how much you preserved and used
- Printable Planting Worksheets: These handy worksheets will help you figure out how much to plant to feed your family.
- Azure Standard: Azure inspires healthy and abundant living by distributing affordable, natural, healthy foods to communities across America. Order direct through Azure and pick up at a drop point near you. The cost savings are astounding!
- The Gardening Notebook: An organized way to help keep track of what worked and what didn’t in your garden to help plan from year to year.
- Homestead Management Principles: 119 Printables including Schedules, Templates, Expense Sheets, Production Records, Charts, Calculators and more to help you better manage your homestead.
- Botany & Wildcrafting Course: An online course to help you expand your knowledge of botanical identification, wild harvesting and foraging.
- Creating Your Off Grid Homestead: Practical information and inspiration to help you start your own off grid homestead
- Fall Gardening Guide: How and when to plant cool weather veggies so you can eat from your garden all year long
- Building a Homestead Root Cellar: A step by step guide showing you how to build your own root cellar on your homestead
- DIY Guide to Jams, Jellies and Fruit Butters: This is a great canning resource from our fellow Montana blogger, Kathie at Homespun Seasonal Living. It covers easy solutions to common problems, time saving tips and delicious recipes.
- The Herbal Academy Goods Shop: An excellent resource for those interested in herbs and foraging: tools, supplies, educational materials and more!
- Foraging the Mountain West: One of our favorite foraging books complete with ID tips, medicinal purposes and delicious recipes.
- Ball Canning Cookbook: This is an excellent resource for canners, from beginners to those more experienced. We’ve used this book for several generations of canners in our family and recommended it to anyone interested in canning and preserving.
- Botanical Interests High Quality Seed and Garden Products: This is one of our favorite seed companies that provides non GMO and organic seeds grown in a similar climate to ours. They also have an annual free downloadable garden themed coloring book which we absolutely love! (This link will take you directly to the free download page- enjoy!)