This post my contain affiliate links. Thank you for your support!
It is that time of year to get started with making homemade Christmas gifts! Each year we love to come up with new ideas for homemade gifts for our friends and family. Here is a list of over 100 homemade Christmas gifts to give you some ideas and projects to make with plenty of time to spare before the busy holiday season starts.
Homemade Christmas Gifts: Natural Body Care Products
- Easy Homemade Body Butter– This all natural skin nourishing moisturizer is easy to make and makes a great gift for just about anyone!
- Making Herbal Dream Pillows from Homespun Seasonal Living
- Nourishing Homemade Sugar Scrub from Whole New Mom
- Dandelion Salve- This salve is easy to make and makes a great gift for gardeners, homesteaders, or anyone who experiences achy muscles.
- Make Your Own Bath Salts and Sugar Scrubs from Walking Softly Upon the Earth
- Sugar and Spice for Somebody Nice: Holiday Brown Sugar Lip Scrub from Oh the Things We’ll Make
- Bath Fizzies from Fabulous Farm Girl
- Easy Natural Lip Balm– Making homemade lip balm is a quick and easy project that makes a great stocking stuffer!
- Calendula Sugar Scrub from Homespun Seasonal Living
- Luxurious Lotion Bars from Fabulous Farm Girl
- Homemade Lavender Bath Salts-Give the gift of a luxurious and relaxing bath with these easy to make homemade bath salts
- Make Your Own Coffee Cardamom Body Scrub from Building a Frog
- Lemon Rosemary Sugar Scrub from Fabulous Farm Girl
- Chocolate Scented Lip Balm– This delicious sounding lip balm is another great homemade stocking stuffer from our friends over at Urban Overalls blog!
- Peppermint Rose Lip Balm from The Nerdy Farm Wife
- Nighty Night DIY Bath Salt Recipe from Naturally Loriel
Homemade Christmas Gifts for the Home
- Mason Jar Soap and Lotion Dispenser- This is the perfect gift for the mason jar fanatics on your gift list!
- Potted Herbs Christmas Gift from The Free Range Life
- How to Make Homemade Candles from Untrained Housewife
- Holiday Gift Ideas: DIY Photo Flip Calendar from Oh The Things We’ll Make
- DIY Wool Pan Handle Covers– These are the perfect gift for folks who love to use cast iron pans and there’s even a free printable pattern
- DIY Glass Magnets from The Free Range Life
- Etched Glass Tutorial from Schneider Peeps
- Glass Jar Luminary From Untrained Housewife
- No Sew Fleece Blankie With Fancy Ties from Lil Suburban Homestead
- Cloth Napkins and Unpaper Towels-These make a great gift for the eco-friendly family and can be made in a variety of fabrics and prints.
- Natural Log Candle Holder from Lil Suburban Homestead
- A Simple Perfect Knitted Dishcloth from Walking Softly Upon the Earth
- DIY No Sew Throw Pillows from Untrained Housewife
- Making Beeswax Candles from Homestead Honey
- Mason jar solar lanterns-These fun gifts can be used outdoors on the porch, patio, garden, camping, etc. To make them, you can purchase the solar caps from our Etsy shop (with or without handles) and use your own glass mason jar to create one. When purchasing solar caps from our Etsy shop, they come with instructions on how to put them together and use them. Fill the glass jar with colorful glass or marbles for an added creative touch! You can find the solar caps in two color choices with or without handles here in our Etsy shop.
- Chicken Wire Memo Board from Timber Creek Farm
- Homemade Gift Idea: Make a Paracord Lantern from Home Ready Home
- Potholders for the Non Sewer from Lil Suburban Homestead
Homemade Christmas Gifts to Eat
- Vanilla Extract- This is the perfect gift for the person who loves to cook and bake! Vanilla extract is easy to make but does need to be made at last a month before gift giving time since it takes time to infuse.
- Fresh Herb Jars as a Handmade Gift from Homestead Chronicles
- Homemade Hot Pepper Oil from Better Hens and Gardens
- Holiday Decorated Chocolate Pretzels from Timber Creek Farm
- Homemade canned goods-After spending all summer and fall canning and putting up the harvest, share your bounty by giving the gift of delicious homemade canned foods! I like to dress up the jar by cutting either a circle or square of calico fabric and tying it around the lid with a piece of hemp twine. If you’re looking for canning recipes to try check out Canning Pears in Cinnamon Vanilla Syrup, Green Tomato Salsa Verde and Pickled Beets With Apple Cider Vinegar and Honey. (You can also find a couple more ideas to dress up a canning jar thanks to Timber Creek Farm)
- 10 Easy Holiday Candies from Raia’s Recipes
- Homemade Gift Ideas: Flavored Salt from Economies of Kale
- Bloody Mary Christmas Gift Basket from Livin Lovin Farm
- DIY Seasoning and Herb Ornament Gifts from Naturally Loriel
- Christmas Neighbor Gifts: Bread Geek Style from The Bread Geek
Wearable Homemade Christmas Gifts
- Natural Dyed Homemade Gifts- Create natural dyes to make tie dyed t shirts, natural dyed scarves, pants, bandannas- the possibilities and colors are endless!
- Gathering Apron Tutorial from Reformation Acres, the perfect gift for the gardener on your list!
- No Sew Fleece Scarf Tutorial from Mom Prepares
- Make Your Own Feedsack Tote from The Giles Frontier
- How to Make a Messenger Bag from Schneider Peeps
- Easy Knitted Arm Warmers from Eight Acres
- Upcycled Baby and Toddler Pants Tutorial– If you have a baby or toddler on your gift list, here’s a tutorial on how to turn a t-shirt into a pair of baby or toddler pants. Use a variety of fabrics and appliques to make a fun, unique wearable gift for the little ones on your list!
- Crayon Tote Bag Tutorial from Schneider Peeps
- Easy Scarf Patterns to Sew for Quick Christmas Gifts from Mom Prepares
- Super Scarf Pattern– A wonderful handmade gift idea to keep your friends and family cozy warm this winter thanks to our friends over at Imagine Acres blog!
- 20 Minute Ruffled Apron Tutorial from Mom Prepares
More Homemade Christmas Gifts from fellow homesteading bloggers:
- 10 Really Last Minute Homemade Gift Ideas from Homestead Honey
- DIY Christmas Gifts from Joybilee Farm
- Homemade Christmas Gift Ideas– A great list of 17 different homemade gift ideas from Learning and Yearning
- A DIY Christmas: Over 100 Great Gift Ideas from My Healthy Green Family
- DIY Holiday Gifts from Ever Growing Farm
- 14 Last Minute DIY Christmas Gifts from Herbal Academy of New England
- Handmade Christmas- over 30 handmade gift ideas from Schneider Peeps
- 11 Homemade Christmas Gift Set Ideas from Simple Life Mom
- 10 Easy Homemade and Semi-Homemade Christmas Gifts from Black Fox Homestead
- Upcycled Christmas Gifts: Repurposed Sweaters from Mom Prepares
- 12 Days of Homemade Christmas Gifts from Livin Lovin Farm
- The Ultimate Homemade Holiday: The Best DIY Gift Ideas from ImaginAcres
- 100+ Handmade Holiday Gift Ideas from Homestead Honey
Homemade Gift Packaging Ideas
- Fabric Gift Bags Tutorial (and 10 Other Fun Packaging Ideas) from Schneider Peeps
- Homemade Gift Box from a Milk Carton– Need a small gift box? Turn a waxed paper milk carton into a gift box with this easy tutorial.
- Printable Holiday Gift Tags from Black Fox Homestead
- Recycled Christmas Card Boxes from The Free Range Life
- Homemade Re-purposed Gift Tags from Holiday Cards-Instead of throwing out your old used holiday gift cards, re-purpose them and turn them into gift tags with this tutorial.
If you run out of time to make homemade holiday gifts but want to give handmade items, check out our handmade holiday gift guide! This gift guide is filled with eco-friendly gift ideas for the whole family. All the items featured are handmade by us on our homestead here in Montana. (P.S. there’s a coupon code at the end of the gift guide as our way of saying thanks to our fans for supporting our Etsy shop!)
What kind of homemade Christmas gifts are you making this year? We’d love to hear what you’re making so please share your ideas in the comments section below!
This post shared on: The Homestead Barn Hop